Role Purpose: To oversee all front of house activity and procedures, to manage audiences and ensure a positive experience for public and companies using the venue.
Role style: If you enjoy chatting to people, answering loads of questions with a smile and don’t like being even a minute behind schedule then this is the role for you. It involves being the main point of contact for audiences in the venue and working alongside companies who are rushing to get their show set up so a calm, friendly approach is essential (as well as a love of checklists and timekeeping devices).
- To implement and constantly develop all front of house procedures, ensuring that other Gryphon staff are briefed and undertake the front of house role effectively
- To welcome audiences, answer questions, direct audiences to the correct performance space and manage queues
- To manage enquiries, comments and complaints from the public, assist where possible and refer to other members of staff where needed
- To liaise with companies regarding clearance to let audience in and to start the show, ensuring that performances start on time and do not over-run
- To carry out venue induction and health and safety briefings for companies and confirm front of house arrangements with them on arrival
- To liaise with box office and companies regarding ticket sales, capacity and timings
- To work with the Technical Manager and Production and Operations Manager to ensure that Health and Safety measures and any signage required for each show are in place before audiences enter the performance space
- Ensure that the venue is clean and well maintained at all times
- To undertake venue walk-rounds and complete pre-show checks
Want to apply? Please send your C.V. to Nick, and fill out the application below.