Role Purpose: to Support the Press and Publicity Manager and to manage audiences and ensure a positive experience for public and companies using the venue.
Role Style: If you enjoy chatting to people, being up to speed with online reviews, social media and publications, answering loads of questions with a smile and don’t like being even a minute behind schedule then this is the role for you. It involves being the a point of contact for audiences in the venue and working alongside companies who are rushing to get their show set up so a calm, friendly approach is essential. In supporting the Press and Publicity Manager, an eye for detail and a thorough approach are required to make sure we make the most of every bit of coverage and every review our companies get.
- To create visually striking and up to date displays in the venue, incorporating company reviews and star ratings
- To keep a record of all press coverage and reviews received by Gryphon Venues companies, share them online and via social media and provide a pack for companies of the information at the end of the festival
- To welcome audiences, answer questions, direct audiences to the correct performance space and manage queues
- To manage enquiries, comments and complaints from the public, assist where possible and refer to other members of staff where needed
- To liaise with companies regarding clearance to let audience in and to start the show, ensuring that performances start on time and do not over-run
- To liaise with box office and companies regarding ticket sales, capacity and timings.
- To work with the Technical Manager and Production and Operations Manager to ensure that Health and Safety measures and any signage required for each show are in place before audiences enter the performance space
- To work with the Production and Operations Manager to ensure that the venue is clean and well maintained at all times
- To undertake venue walk-rounds and complete pre-show checks
Want to apply? Please send your C.V. to Nick, and fill out the application below.