Role Purpose: To maintain good working order of the venue’s technical aspects, to include rigging, staging, and lighting and sound equipment; to liaise with companies’ technical representatives and answer questions; to operate lighting and sound during performances when necessary.
Role style: If you’re a lighting and sound technician with rapid-fire troubleshooting capabilities, this is the role for you. You’ll work with our Technical Manager and Production Manager to attend to companies’ technical needs. We need you to love making creative solutions, keeping clean cable runs, making and maintaining a theatre space you’re proud of.
• To participate in building the spaces, including guiding others in putting together truss and staging, hanging and cabling lights, and hooking up lighting and audio control systems, and to break it all down at the close of the Festival.
• To assist companies in getting their set, light and audio requirements met during get-in and technical rehearsals.
• To operate lighting and sound during performances, to include assisting with daily get-in and get-out for each performance.
• To oversee safe use of technical theatre equipment by companies.
• To troubleshoot and correct any issues with technical equipment.
• Ensure that the venue is clean and well maintained at all times.
• To undertake venue walk-rounds and complete pre-show checks.
Want to apply? Please send your C.V. to Nick, and fill out the application below.